Planning for consulting a bankruptcy attorney? First, gather and organize 10 documents that you will need.
- Income Proofs– Assemble income data, like, pay stubs from the last 2 months, your yearly social security aide grant letter, as well as profit and loss statement from any organizations you own or potentially work with. The court should know how much cash you are making and whether you are documenting the right chapter of bankruptcy.
- Bank statement- Collect bank statements from all the bank accounts under your name for the last 3 months as well if you have closed any account within 6 months, then get a copy of the closing statement of the account. The bank statement is to show how much you earn and how you spend it. Here at Recovery law group in Los Angeles & Dallas, TX, will review your statement to determine if any transaction will be questioned by the trustee.
- Legal documents –If you have a lawsuit going on then collect legal paperwork of it as well as copies of judgments, any attempts at garnishment, any final judgments, including any for divorce. These documents will help your attorney to decide if any other case also affects your reason for bankruptcy. Contact us – (888-297-6203) for an experienced attorney who can help you with the process.
- Debt statements- Gather all recent statements of student loans, credit cards, or any other debt that you have.
- Vehicle registration and insurance- Accumulate a copy of your title, verification of your registration, and confirmation of insurance for every vehicle, that is under your name. Regardless of whether the vehicle is used by another person, if your name is on that title, the court will think of it as yours.
- Tax returns- If you want to file for bankruptcy, you must have taxes filed for the past 5 years. You will require the last 2-year file with you for it, if it is not up-to-date please contact a tax preparer or accountant.
- Payoff statements- Assemble verification of the amount it costs to take care of your got secured items, like a vehicle or a house. This data might be found in your latest statement. This gets the most reliable data to the court. Sometimes, it might influence your case, so it is important to work with an accomplished bankruptcy attorney to comprehend pay-off amounts and bankruptcy exclusions. Recovery law group for legal counsel.
- Retirement account- Accumulate your latest statement for your 401k, IRA, SEP IRA, 403b, and whatever other record that is a retirement account. The good news is, generally speaking, the retirement account can’t be given to your creditors. It ought to be secured – assuming that you did it correctly.
- Deeds- Gather deeds of any real estate you own. These are filed under public. You can get it under the country’s records. You will also need this information for any real estate you owned in the last 4 years.
- Identification- Always have proof of your identity with you, like, a driver’s license, passport, etc. They should be valid and not expired.