Partner Attorney William Huff
William Paul Huff
P.O. Box 5062
Kokomo, Indiana 46904
Valparaiso University School of Law, Indiana
Juris Doctorate, May 1997
Indiana University, Kokomo, Indiana
Bachelor of General Studies, May 1994
G.P.A. 3.74/4.0 last six semesters, Dean’s List five semesters.
Strong background in teaching at the college level, with particular emphasis on business law, employment law, business ethics, real estate law, and contract law. Formidable presence in the legal profession as the owner of William Paul Huff Attorney at Law LLC, with focus on business related issues, employment law, legal and business ethics, bankruptcy, business formation and association, formation of non-profit organizations, disability, and tort law. Convincing experience at the judicial level as an Administrative Law Judge for the State of Indiana in the areas of billboard, railroad, aviation, civil rights, and agency employment law related issues.
- IVY Tech Community College, 2005 to present
My responsibilities as an Adjunct Faculty Member at Ivy Tech are to perform all instructional duties necessary to teach, advise, and facilitate student learning in assigned courses. I was awarded Adjunct Faculty Person of the Year for the Business Division.
- William Paul Huff Attorney at Law LLC, 1997 to present
I am the owner of William Paul Huff Attorney at Law LLC, a Kokomo law firm concentrating in the practice areas of business law, business associations and formation law, contract law, employment law, real estate property law, probate law, disability law, and tort law. I have also been contracted by successive Howard County Center Township Trustees to represent the legal concerns of Center Township.
- Indiana University Kokomo, 2018 to 2020
My responsibilities as an Adjunct Faculty Member at Indiana University, Kokomo were to perform all instructional duties necessary to teach, advise, and facilitate student learning in assigned courses related to business law.
- Indiana Department of Transportation, 1997 to2002
My responsibilities as INDOT’s Managing Attorney included: assisting the Chief Legal Counsel in day-to-day operations of the Legal Division performing the functions of the Chief Legal Counsel in his or her absence. developing, recommending, and implementing procedures, policies, and guidelines governing the efficient operation of the Legal Division; directing and supervising all multiple subordinate positions; developing and facilitating employee training; preparing and reviewing performance evaluations on subordinate positions: and reviewing and ensuring that the Legal Division was adequately staffed and organized. This position also required that I speak to various organizations concerning issues relating to transportation. I also served as an Administrative Law Judge in this capacity.
- Kokomo and Northwestern School Corporations, 1991 to 1994
I was employed by these school systems as a substitute teacher to assume long term assignments when the regular teacher was on extended sick leave. I was responsible for the teaching the daily lecture. In many circumstances, I was also responsible for the planning and coordination of future lectures.
CONTINUING EDUCATION/ ACHIEVMENTS/ AWARDS
- Awarded Ivy Tech Community College “Adjunct Faculty Member of the Year.”
- Speaker and Seminar Lecturer at “2001 Federal and State Transportation Agencies Midwest Regional Conference.”
- Member of Angels for Kids charitable organization as the Chief Legal Consultant. Participated in the seminar “Academic Advising I Ivy CBT.”.
- Participated in the seminar “Academic Advising II Ivy CBT.”
- Participated in the seminar “Transition to Blackboard 9.1 Learning.” Participated in “Distance Education Online” faculty certification.
- Participated in “Reducing Bias with Better Decision Making” seminar, 2015. Attended “Syngenta GMO Corn Litigation Conference” 2015.
- Participated in “36th Annual Indiana Law Update 2014” seminar.
- Participated in “Latest Developments in Estate & Charitable Planning & Ethical Considerations for Estate & Charitable Planning” seminar, 2014.
- Participated in “Representing Clients in Mediation” seminar, 2013. Participated in “Midwest Estate Tax Business Planning” seminar, 2013.
- Participated in “New Parenting Time Guidelines” seminar, 2013
- Participated in “A New Beginning in the End: Sound Recording Copyright Terminations Discussion” forum, 2012.
- Participated in “Analytical Steps to A Well Organized Concise & Engaging Trial: How to Impress.”
- Participated in “Ethics in The Electronic Age: Be Careful When Using That Smartphone” 2012.
- Participated in “Strategies Tactics & Common Mistakes in Arbitration” seminar, 2013.
- Participated in “Indiana Law Update” seminar, 2011.
- Participated in “Employment Law Developments in Indiana” seminar, 2008. Participated in “Government Practice & Procedure” seminar, 2007. Participated in “Annual Bankruptcy Institute” seminar, 2005.
- Participated in “Labor and Employment Law Issues & Trends” seminar, 2004.
- Participated in “Ethics & Professional Seminar for Administrative Law Judges,” 2002.
- Participated in “Labor & Employment Law Update” seminar, 2002. Participated in “Key Issues of The Family Medical Leave Act” seminar, 2002.
- Participated in “Fundamental Issues in Indiana Human Resources Law” seminar, 2001.
- Participated in “Business Litigation” seminar, 2001.
- Participated in “Advanced Worker Compensation” seminar, 2000.
- Participated in “Pretext Plus After Reeves” seminar, 2001.
- Participated in “Indiana Construction Law” seminar, 2001.
- Participated in “Boundary law in Indiana” seminar, 2001.
- Participated in “Keys to Success in A Real Estate Transaction In Indianapolis” seminar, 2001.
James Fitzgerald, Program Chair
Business Administration Division
IVY TECH Community College
Kokomo, IN 46901
Dr. Robert A. Lee
Howard County Center Township Trustee
213 East Jefferson St.
Kokomo, IN 46901