What to do in Case You Have an Incorrect Address on Your Credit Report?

  • Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

What to do in Case You Have an Incorrect Address on Your Credit Report?

Call: 888-297-6203

Being in debt can send anyone in a tizzy. You might not be aware of how many documents you are required to fill and submit in order to file for bankruptcy. When you file for bankruptcy, you are expected to list all your creditors along with the debts you owe them. Sometimes, a mistake can cause the entry of an incorrect address which then appears on your credit report. This can be really frustrating for the bankruptcy filer since they are already under tremendous stress. However, experienced lawyers such as those of Los Angeles based bankruptcy law firm Recovery Law Group, inform that with some simple mistakes can be easily rectified.

  • Any address associated with an account makes an appearance on your credit report. This may be the address of a friend, attorney, or family
  • The addresses are reported to the credit bureaus by your creditors. You can discuss the incorrect address entry with the respective creditor associated with the account.
  • In case you are unsure of which creditor made the incorrect address entry, you can call the number on your credit report to speak with the representative of the credit bureau.
  • Once the creditor rectifies the mistake, the correct address is entered in the credit bureau system and subsequently in the credit report.

Though, these steps may seem simple, getting things done is not this easy. if you need professional assistance, you can call 888-297-6023 to speak with experienced bankruptcy lawyers Los Angeles.