The financial crisis and piling unpaid debts can make you incapable of providing for your family’s needs. However, acquiring a Scottsdale bankruptcy lawyer can be beneficial for you to come out of this mess and be able to stand back on your feet once again. Look for a qualified and good skilled bankruptcy or debt consolidation attorney like Recovery Law Group (call on 888-297-6203), who has an expertise in the bankruptcy field and also has a successful history of handling such cases.
Getting the Right Names on your List!
Here are some tips to help you in searching and getting names of some brilliant bankruptcy attorneys on your list:
- Consult your circle of close family and friends for some good legal recommendations.
- Run a web check to find prospective law firms and attorneys who have an impressive history of handling bankruptcy cases just like Recovery Law Group (call on 888-297-6203).
- Consult a past trustworthy legal contact. They might be able to suggest some excellent bankruptcy attorneys to you.
- The last option is to go through the Scottsdale online and offline directory sites where you can find the list of all the legal attorneys and information about their field of work.
The Bankruptcy Chapters
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
You don’t have to pay anything, once you qualify for this chapter. However, sometimes, the non-exempt assets are liquidated to pay the money to the creditors.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Qualifying for this chapter will let you construct a repayment plan based on monthly payments under your attorney’s guidance, which will then be submitted to the Scottsdale court for approval.
Cost of the Bankruptcy Case
Your bankruptcy chapter and its complexity, attorney’s fee, regional court costs, the state you live in, and the counseling fee are the deciding factors of the total cost of your bankruptcy case. Thus, you must get as many different quotes as possible to make a knowledgeable judgment.
The Discovery Meet-up
After all the research and evaluations, you are now ready to meet the shortlisted attorneys in person at their Scottsdale legal office. These meetings are usually free of cost and are an ideal opportunity for you to get to know more about these attorneys.
- Prioritize your concerns and write them down to get all of them answered.
- Be sure about your rights as a consumer.
- Discuss the entire insolvency procedure in detail. Ensure that the attorney knows his craft well and understands the finer points of your case properly.
- Be sure that the attorney is willing to invest considerable time and interest in your case.
- Get all the details about the attorney as well as the different paralegals who will be working on your case.
- Ensure that the attorney is an individual of good character, and can be trusted with the handling of your personal documents.
Get that Attorney Onboard!
After all the evaluations and making the decision, it’s time for you to get that attorney onboard. You can now ask him/her to draw up the contract, which must include your scope of work, the costs involved and their dates of payment.